Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Alex's 10th Birthday!

It's hard to believe that our oldest is 10! Double digits! Scary! Time does fly and I feel that every day I am desperately trying to make the most of every moment and make as many memories as possible. Alex loves to read and experiment. The fingerprint kit was a hit!



I have tried to convince our boys, over the years, that a bought cake would be much nicer than any creation I could come up with. I have never been able to convince them that this is true. So every year I make them a cake of their choice. This year Alex wanted a ship with lego guys on it. Shouldn't be too difficult. Right?!? Well, lets just say the ship encountered some rough waters and leaned a little. Although, Alex never did notice.



I couldn't be prouder of my boy! Not only is he handsome, but he has a huge heart and works hard to be God wants him to be!




The cake tasted delicious! Of coarse Alex was the first to pick which piece he wanted and picked a part with his favorite mint candy.

1 comment:

Paige said...

That cake is amazing! It must have taken A LOT of time.... I hope he had a great birthday. Ten years, they grow up so fast.